Eye Wireless Display
equipped boats have onboard
computers linked to their instruments. Most reside at the nav station,
occasionally with touchscreen monitors in the cockpit. Some boats are
equipped with special purpose on-deck devices like our ESP or
Sailmath’s Deckman. Certainly the benefit of an interfaced
computer is significant but so is the cost and complexity, making it
imperative to fully use the information without hindering or otherwise
compromising the actual sailing of the boat: this is, in fact, quite a
Ockam Eye enables PocketPCs to affordably and wirelessly display and
control your instrument system from the rail.
Also see the Lynx
- The Eye PDA system: Is compatible with ALL
- Even if your system is not an Ockam but outputs
NMEA data, Eye will
work with that too (see the NMEAxlt
application on the OS4 page).
- Provides up to 20 pages of numeric or graphical
information. Each page can contain up to 8 numeric or 4 grahical items.
- Full instrument control including Cals,
Averages and Options.
- Built-in function controller.
- Designed for finger-only operation where
Setup and some system control functions involving keyboard input may
require the stylus.
- Any number of PDAs can be used with the Eye
system, but each requires a separate unlock code.