OckamSoft 5 addresses modern color graphics and the confluence of Ethernet, WiFi and Internet technologies, and the multiple devices that can exploit data from them. The display apps Race, EyeApp™ and Vysion™ are designed for different platforms, but all provide a consistent presentation of sailing data. You can run multiple instances of them at the same time, and they will all work together.
OckamSoft 5 features
- Many graphic page types including starting, racecourse, chart+AIS, engine, stripchart, polars and numerics (see Graphical Displays for details).
- Graphical pages can be viewed on any mobile device (see EyeApp™).
- Modular design – OS5 components can run on one or many machines at the same time.
- Ethernet/Internet/WiFi distribution – OS5 data transports over these media, including authorized recipients off the boat.
- Application sync – when one OS5 app changes something, e.g. pinging the starting line, all the other apps get the memo.
OS5 provides graphical output for 3 different platforms;
- Race is optimized for traditional PCs.
- Vysion™ (the embedded display) is optimized for fixed displays (e.g. mast displays).
- EyeApp™ (the mobile display app) is optimized for mobile devices.
There can be multiple OS5 applications running on different platforms at the same time.
OckamSoft 5 main applications
- Race – the main display application for PCs.
- EyeApp™ – the application that serves up OS5 pages for mobile apps.
- Vysion™ – the display application for dedicated monitors.
OckamSoft 5 Support applications
- OS5 Driver – generates or accepts instrument data streams, synchronizes data between other OS5 components and does the logging functions
- OS5Starter – desktop widget to simplify startup.
- Chart browser – downloads charts from the internet.
- SPedit – SailPlan™ crossover chart editor.
- LogScanner – Log file viewer.
- AcalAdjust – AutoCal editor.
- PolarOps – Polar viewer and editor.
- UDPmon – tool for observing and testing the UDP broadcast.
- WebItems – web browser and page editor for adding web pages to Race.